Thursday, February 6, 2014

The village idiot of Las Vegas calls Roxy after getting dumped by her a few days ago.

"Jethro, I thought I told you to lose my fucking number. Why are you calling me?" Roxy told me to piss off a few days ago but I just can't get her out of my head. I was calling in the hopes she would give me another chance. "Roxy, I know that you said I am not the guy for you. But I can change. I feel we have a connection. You even said the same thing when we were together the other night. Would you please give me another chance at your heart?"

In certain spots, Roxy is the sweetest most caring person I know. Unfortunately, most of the time, she's the biggest bitch in Las Vegas. So when I asked her for another chance at her heart, I was praying I would be catching the caring and sweet Roxy. As is the case usually, I got the other end - "Jethro, you are so fucking adorable sometimes. Why can't you just leave it at that? I knew that I shouldn't have slept with you again. God, whenever we sleep together you start thinking we're a couple. I got news for you Jethro. You should just enjoy things while they last." Roxy doesn't shy away a bit on telling you how she feels or what the situation is. "Listen Jethro, because I am only going to say it once to you. You need to get back into reality. The Chinese are not going to help you execute your plan. Every time you talk about Chinatown and organic growth strategies - I just want to slap the shit out of you - That's the biggest reason why I don't see things working out between the two of us. Nothing is ever going to come out of your efforts in Chinatown!"

I always find it humorous watching her reaction whenever I talk about opportunities in Chinatown. I will start telling her about all the people I know in Chinatown and how all the restaurants there should be aggregated to an E-commerce site. Without fail, she always says and does the same thing. "My name is Jethro and I am Chinese." After saying this, she will pull her eyes back on her lovely face as to mimic certain Asian features. "Ma, Pa - I am going down to Chinatown. They need their cows milk and I am just the guy." That is another one of her favorite lines. Her antics are intended to deride and denigrate me. Truth be told, it actually has the opposite effect. I think she is hilarious. I've told her on a number of occasions that she should be performing stand up - "Ladies and gentlemen, please give a loud applause for Roxy... The call girl comedienne." Anyways, I wanted to get right to the point with her. So I asked her once again. "Roxy, do you think the two of us have a chance?"

She has a nasty habit of hanging up on me before I can get my thoughts across to her. I was wondering if she had done it again. "Roxy are you still there?" There was a brief moment of silence after my query and then I heard her say - "Yeah, I am still here Jethro. Why don't we leave things at this. You go chase the Chinese up and down the block. If I want to see you again, I will call you. You do not call me!" I told her that I was serious about making things work between the two of us and hastily agreed to her request. I will never give up on Roxy. We have a connection that can't be broken. The question is - has she given up on me?


No comments:

Post a Comment