Wednesday, February 26, 2014

The village idiot of Las Vegas apologizes to Roxy and tells her that he loves her again.

I can't get Roxy off of my mind, so I called her last night. Before I could say hi - she yells this - "Look, Jethro - I didn't appreciate the way you talked to me the other day. You hurt my feelings and I feel that you owe me an apology. I am waiting." The fight we had stemmed from her getting back with her old boyfriend. The decision to do such really bothered me - but nonetheless, I can't stop thinking about her. Her demand for an apology was not settling well with me at all, "Roxy, you were just as rude as I was. It's just that I can't stand the thought of you with that prick! I get it! You don't want to be with me. But why this guy? He's going to hurt you again!" She is as stubborn as a mule sometimes, and unfortunately for me - now was one of those times - "Jethro, you had better fucking apologize to me this instant. You are not allowed to talk to me the way you did the other day! And by God, if you ever hang the phone up on me again. I will slap the shit out of you! Do you understand?"

Wait, where's my apology? We all know that isn't going to happen. Anyways, I love her so I apologized like any love struck moron would do, then I told her this - "Why in the world are you back with this asshole? I would rather see you date a serial killer than this prick. Both of us know it is going to end badly for you." For some reason or another this guy has a hold on her that she can't or won't break. "I appreciate your concern about things," she tells me, "I truly do. I realize Jeff has his shortcomings. But this time around things are going to be different between the two of us. He promised me and I believe him." When you love someone, even if they don't love you back, you have to do your best to protect them. "Roxy, please don't do this. I know you don't love me, and I can live with that. But you don't love this guy either. I know you don't, or you wouldn't have spent time with me. I am begging you....get away from this clown before he hurts you again!"

I hear a deep sigh on the other end of the line - then she says - "Jethro, why can't you leave me alone? I knew I shouldn't have slept with you again. It has made you so clingy," she keeps referring to the night we slept together at The Palm's like it was the only time I ever had sex. My feelings go way past that, and I told her such. She then says this, "Look, the two of us had our fun. It is now time for me to go back to the real world. And Jeff is a big part of my real world. Why can't you accept that and move on? I have to go now, Jeff is going to be back anytime and he doesn't want me talking to you. So please respect our wishes."

What else am I suppose to do? She made a decision and I am forced to live with it. I told her one more thing before the conversation ended. "Roxy, please be careful. I worry about you a lot. I don't want to see anything bad happen to you. And remember this, I love you." I was about ready to hang up when I hear her say - in what sounded like a choked up voice - "Jethro, I, I, I love you too. But we are not right for each other," she then hung up.







No comments:

Post a Comment