Thursday, February 13, 2014

The village idiot of Las Vegas gets blown off by Roxy for the umpteenth time, but doesn't care.

"I resolve to call her up a thousand times a day. And ask her if she'll marry me in some old fashioned way. But my silent fears have gripped me. Long before I reach the phone. Long before my tongue has tripped me. Must I always be alone?"

The Police - Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic


"Jethro, are you a fucking moron? How many times do I have to tell you not to call me? Sleeping with you again has made you extremely clingy. I knew I shouldn't have done it," hearing Roxy's voice, even though it was tense, sure made me feel good. I am under the persuasion that she just needs a little more time to come to her senses and then she will finally realize I am the man of her dreams - "Babe - I know I said I wouldn't bother you anymore. But I just can't get you off of my mind. I can't stop thinking about you!" I state forcefully.

She is extremely feisty, but that's OK with me...I enjoy it when she plays hard to get - "Look, moron, don't call me Babe. I am most definitely not your fucking Babe!" She says in no uncertain terms, she then adds, "Jethro, if I could just reach through the phone and choke your stupid ass - I would do it! Listen to me! I have already decided I am never going to sleep with you again. You are too much of a fucking headache." It's not the sex, even though it is wonderful - I sincerely feel we have a connection. I want her to understand my sentiment...no matter how divisive she is towards it.

"Roxy, why can't we be together? I think you are playing hard to get with me. Who says you and I can't work out? You would make this dumb hillbilly the happiest guy in Las Vegas if you would just be my girl," I say with a wish and a prayer.

Instead of hanging up, which she usually does when I press her for answers, she instead decides to be forthcoming...too forthcoming - "Jethro, I am not your girl and I don't want to be your girl. For some reason or another you can't get it through your head on how things work between the two of us. God, if you weren't so adorable. I have to go now Jethro...Bye."

After the phone goes dead, I start thinking about something uncle Ned told me a long time back - "It is never a good idea to fall in love with a whore. If you do choose that path? Just remember when things go to shit. You are the one who chose to fall in love with a whore!" - Goddammit if that fat son of bitch wasn't right again.

No comments:

Post a Comment