Monday, February 3, 2014

The village idiot of Las Vegas gets dumped by Roxy.

Roxy and I had planned on watching the Super Bowl together and then I got the call - "Jethro, I am going to watch the Super Bowl with some of my friends." OK, sounded like a good plan to me. I then asked her where she wanted me to meet her at, she tells me this. "Jethro, I don't think you are catching on to what I just said. I am going to watch the game with some of my friends and you're not invited." Did I do something to make her mad? I thought everything was good between the two of us. I asked what the deal was and she said this. "Jethro, I don't know how to say this. So I am just going to say it. I don't want to be seen in public with you. What would I tell my friends? This is my homeless boyfriend from Kansas, Jethro. He writes blogs and thinks that he is going to get rich off the backs of a billion China men one of these days. Do you know how embarrassing that would be?"

I was immediately confused. We had spent the night together a few nights previous and everything seemed like it was good between the two of us. I reiterated my sentiment to her and she told me this - "God - Jethro - Grow up! Just because a girl fucks a guy doesn't always mean they want to be attached. I was lonely, I thought there might be a chance for the two of us. After further consideration I have decided that you're not the guy for me."

Girls like Roxy are brash. They will tell you how the cow ate the cabbage and not bat an eye doing it. To be honest, that's one of my biggest attractions towards her. I then asked her if she thought there was any chance for us in the future. She said this to me. "Jethro, look, it's not that I don't care for you. It's just that you haven't changed any. I remember when we first met and you told me about the Chinese, hyper local, organic growth strategies and all that other stuff. You said that you didn't care if it killed you. You were going to make it work. At the time, I didn't pay much attention to your talk. I figured it was just your bravado acting up. But now, I believe you're serious and that scares me. I don't want to be driving down the street and see you holding a sign on the corner panhandling for money or find out your dead in some alley somewhere. You don't have the skills! You need to get that through your head! Why don't you move back to Kansas and get a job shoveling shit or whatever it is they do there."

I told Roxy that I was disappointed in her. She said that she didn't care how I felt and that it was time for her to go, but before she hung up, I told her one last thing - "Roxy, I am sorry that you don't have any faith in me and that you don't think any of my ideas will ever come to fruition. I want you to know that I care for you and will always be available for you. Have a good day and good luck to you." After my closing statement, I waited a moment for her response. "Roxy are you still there? Hello." Turns out she had already hung up on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment